Getting started with the Analytics API
The Analytics API is available as both a Scala library and Python library that enables you to use general analytics on a data ingested into the Spatial Big Data Platform, referred to as the Platform.
The Analytics API gives you programmatic access to your ingested data to create bespoke data queries and extract source input data. You can load data from any geo-temporal region into a dataset in parallel and then explore your data using standard query language constructs, such as SQL.
Using the Analytics API
To find out more about:
- the Analytics API, see The Analytics API concepts
- creating and using Spark datasets, see Using Spark datasets in the Analytics API
- using the Analytics API's geospatial functions, see The Analytics API's geospatial functions
- using the Analytics API's statistical functions, see The Analytics API's statistical functions
Be aware that this is an early release of the API, and that it is unfinalized. Changes to the API will continue to happen without notice.
To use the Analytics API libraries, you need:
- a deployment of the Platform with the cluster for the Analytics API in your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account
- a data ingested into your Platform
The Analytics API has the following dependencies:
- Spark version 2.3
- Python 3.4